Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April Kit and CSM Sketchy Challenge

I can't believe how much I love the April Kit featuring Twilight from OneCanoeTwo! The colours are not my go to's and floral backgrounds are out of my comfort zone! But there are so many options that all go together, floral, plaid, the fireflies, so many ways to use this collection.
Here is my layout based on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine and their April Sketchy Challenge.



 Here are a few step outs showing how I got my pieces together.

I chose my pictures, they were ones i had in 4X4 size so they were a great fit for this layout. Yes, I know it's different to scrapbook travel brochures and wine, but I am a bit different LOL

I cut all my layering squares 4 1/4 X 4 1/4 and edged them in Black Soot Distress Ink. Love the plaid designs in this collection!

I used the matching Twilight stamp set and Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet, Black Soot, Iced Spruce and Shabby Shutters and added them to my border at the bottom of my layout. I used the regular distress inks, but you could use the Oxides and even the markers to colour the stamps.

 Here are a few close ups of the different sections of the layout. Absolutely love the metallic rose gold letters that go with the Twilight collection.

The capital letters are Thickers that are also available in the Scrap Shotz store.

For my strips I used the branding strips from the bottom of the 12X12 sheets of paper. The flowers,leaves and "love" are from the Twilight stamp set.

The layers of paper peeking out from under the pictures.

Yes I took a picture of the lovely wines I brought back from Nova Scotia. The Tidal Bay is a special blend that is only available in Nova Scotia.

Scrap Shotz puts together such amazing monthly kits! And it's not just for scrapbooking. You can create so many things with the kits! Head on over to the store and sign up for your monthly kit!

Keep checking in for some great layouts and projects with the Twilight collection and some fabulous products available in the store!

Have a wonderful week everyone!




1 comment:

Rosie said...

Thanks for sharing so much detail about your process in creating this layout. Gives me lots of ideas!