Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Scrap Shotz April Kit Reveal #2


Hello!

Rosie here, back to share a few more kit projects created with the April monthly kit. This month I created a second layout based on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine April sketch, here's another look at the sketch:


and here is my layout:


It's a bit hard to see but I stamped leaves from the stamp set in light gray ink on the card stock creating a subtle tone on tone effect. 


I placed the paper flags diagonally across the top, popping up the 3 smaller flags with foam adhesive. The title was created with a wood veneer word and kit alphas.

I then created 3 distinct areas similar to the sketch, one to house the journaling:


I accented this square with a kit paperclip, wood veneer and die cut butterfly. The journal spot is a kit die cut as well.


The 2nd square holds 3 layers of matting and this large die cut from the kit ephemera, you can see it's adhered with foam adhesive to add dimension.


The final section holds the photo. This layout is very different from my first one based on this sketch, I think I like this one better 😉.


This card came together quickly and began by ink blending light gray and peach ink with a mini ink blending tool and the Altenew Weave Builder stencil. I used Altenew crisp dye inks, this would be lovely with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.

After ink blending, I adhered the inked panel to a white card stock base, then adhered the kit ephemera with foam adhesive tape.


The sentiment was stamped from the MFT All Smiles Stamp set with embossing ink and heat set with gold embossing powder.

A few Studio Katia clear drops accent the background as well.


Next, I wanted to create a monochromatic background so I fussy cut these shapes from Garden Tiles patterned paper.


I created the sentiment from the Pinkfresh rose gold alphas included in the kit, love how they pop on the grey background. Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold accent the centres of the fussy cut elements.


Here's a final look at this round of projects:


Thanks for stopping in a taking a look! Cathy will be joining you later this week to share what she's been working on.

Happy Crafting!












No comments: