Thursday, September 22, 2022

September 2022 Scrapbooking Kit Inspiration Continued


Hello again! Here to share a couple more layouts I made using the September 2022 Scrapbooking Kit. The Kit features the Simple Stories, Simple Vintage Lakeside collection and coordinating Bazzill Basic Cardstock. - think camping, fishing, hiking, lakeside, outdoor adventures! Such fun.l 

Inspired by an Embellishment

I really like the chipboard stickers in the kit and wanted to use this ‘Go Jump in a Lake’ piece! I found this fun photo of my hubby and our friends - taken just before they did all just do that, jump in the lake. I used the shape of this chipboard peace to start my design. 

I ripped the Take New Trails  pattern paper in half to create a half page design. Then reached for some Picket Fence Studios, Paper Glaze in Black Peony and the Studio Light, Jenine’s Mindful Art Collection and added some of the circles in roughly a diamond shape in the middle of the page. Some on the white background and some on the pattern paper. I wanted to add a little more to the mixed media so also stamped ‘Happy Moments’ repeatedly from the Vicki Boutin, Let’s Wander stamp set with Paper Rose Studio, Premium Dye Ink in Intense Black. The final background touch was some black splatters  using slightly watered down Tonic Crystal Drops on Black Ebony

From there, I spent a bit of time roughing up the edges of the layout with my distress tool, adding some journal pen doodles to the outside edge of the page, and then tucking and adding embellishments. I knew I wanted to feature quite a bit of the embellishments below the photo so this Lakeside title was perfect for filling that space while also getting a great, bold title. 

Pick Just Two Colours 


For this layout I wanted to use the Love This Place (black and white diagonal stripe) and 4x6 Elements B side. I loved them both so knew I wanted to keep my design tight so I could show off both patterns quite a bit! I went with another half page design but diagonal this time. 

Before securing the photos or embellishment goodies, I first stamped ‘Heck Ya’ and ‘don’t quit’ both from Heidi Swapp and a circles texture stamp from my stash. I used Paper Rose Premium Dye Ink in Intense Black for all three for a nice crisp, rich look. 

From there, I had fun picking out all of the green and blue embellishments from the sticker sheets, chipboard, die cuts and chipboard stickers. I just love how it turned out and the arrow embellishments mixed with the enamel dots - the mix of textures is really fun! 

Are you playing with the September Scrapbook Kit? We would love to see what you create! Pop your layouts up in the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Facebook Group or tag us on Instagram! 

Take a peek at the first layouts I made with the kit and shared, visit September 2022 Scrapbook Kit Inspiration. You should also check our Carolyn’s fantastic projects, visit Simple Stories Simple Vintage Lakeside Layouts and More Simple Stories Simple Vintage Lakeside Layouts

Thanks for swinging by! 



No comments: