Monday, September 26, 2022

49 and Market Vintage Artistry Serenity - 4 ways with 1 photo!

 


Hello! I have been working with 49 AndMarket - Vintage Artistry Serenity. Such a gorgeous collection! I challenged myself to create 4 different layouts for each of their scrapbooks with the same “back to school” photo with this line. I tried to create a different mood in each, with different colors, embellishments, and designs. (I have created links in the store to products I used. Go ahead and click on them!)


The first is for the oldest, who is in Grade 11. Along with the ephemera pieces for layering, I used the 12x12 Sentiment Rub-Ons for my title. I let the Tim Holtz Small Talk speak for me with journaling phrases. I used Distress Oxide in Gathered Twigs to help them blend with the rest of the layout.

For the second layout, I used Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs to stencil some depth in the background. This is another layout that I didn’t want to use feminine embellishments on, so I looked for something different. I found this ladder in the laser cut outs and imagined it symbolizing climbing to the top. Again the Sentiment Rub-Ons were used to create the title. The notebook where I put the journaling and the tag are both chipboard pieces and were inked along the edges with the Gathered Twigs.

For the third layout, I used DistressOxide Uncharted Mariner to ink up my torn edges on the patterned paper. I rolled out the 2” newspaper washi tape onto my craft mat and colored it with the same distress oxide color before mounting it onto a black strip of cardstock. The tickets and leaves were treated with distress on the edges and then layered under my popped up photo.  The journaling block is from the ephemera pack and I inked up more sayings from the Tim Holtz Small Talk to add as well. I used another word from the Sentiments Rub-Ons and cut out “the” and “day” from other sentiments on the sheet to complete the title.

The last layout in this group is a little more feminine, but not overly so. My granddaughter is in Grade 4 and the flowers on this patterned paper suited the photo perfectly. I used my exacto knife to cut around the blooms and butterfly on the left of the photo so that I could tuck it behind them and used a laser cut bouquet of blooms for the right side. This time, I added foam Thickers to the sentiment rub-ons for the title and put my hand written journaling right on the background. I mounted this onto a shiny blue cardstock to give it a bit of shine, while the layouts for the boys were more muted.

As always, I finish up my crafting sessions with a few cards, and I will continue to use the 6x8 patterned paper pad for more. The quality and sturdiness of this paper is perfect for cardmaking.

For the first card, I covered a sheet of cardstock with 2 strips of the thick washi tape and mounted it on blue cardstock then popped it up on foam. A little piece of ribbon finished it off nicely.  The next card is a die cut panel and I used a small strip of the thick rose washi and a sentiment from the Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiments ephemera pack. It’s so quick and easy to find a suitable saying in these packs! A few Studio Katia pearls and it was done.

The next cards were made with the 6x8 papers. One just needed a simple stamped sentiment and the other used another of the rub-on sentiments along with a die cut word and a bit of stamping.

The last card for this post is a shaker card, embellished with laser cut butterflies from the collection and a Pinkfresh Studio Stitched Scallop Circle die. The Happy Birthday sentiment die is from CreativeExpressions and is easy use!

As always, if you are interested in something that is no longer in stock in the store, just send Sandy an email and she will be happy to get it in for you.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments: