Sunday, April 25, 2021

Vicki Boutin's Color Study!

Hello friends! Karla back today with some fun projects to share!! I was so excited to get to play with the New Vicki Boutin Color Study collection!! It is so bright and fun and I had a great time pairing it with other supplies to make some really awesome projects. First, I created a 12x12 scrapbook layout using the Color Study 6x8 Paper Pad and Vicki's Foundations Heavyweight Mixed Media Paper. Honestly, I don't know why I've never used this Foundations paper before!! It has always been popular and sells out so quickly, so I was really excited to finally get some. Let me tell you, after one layout, I won't be able to go back! If you're adding any kind of wet medium it's so awesome - and if you just want a nice sturdy white background paper it's perfect as well! 


I matted my photos with the pretty purple paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad and added some glittery detail with the Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss in Lilac. You'll also notice some stamping on the background using the small dot stamp from the Hello Stamp Set and the Lilac Glitter Kiss. If you want to check out more ways to use the Cosmic Shimmer Creative Expressions products, check out this VIDEO HERE


I also layered various mixed media elements before adding the photos, including dry brushing and doing a plastic packaging watercolor kiss method with the new Vicki Boutin Gel Crayons (be sure to check out the video below to see all kinds of fun techniques!), using the Color Study Fresh Stencils with Denim Shimmer Shaker, which is a mica powder that creates a beautiful shimmery paint when you add water, and creating splatters with the Pure Gold Shimmer Shaker powder.


 I used stickers from the fabulous Sticker Book which is full of 171 Stickers on 6 sheets!! I love that there are words, images and sentiments included! I added some stamped spotches from the It's All Good Stamp Set and the cool colour wheel stamp in the Hello Stamp Set using Distress Oxide Ink


I fussy cut the paper and clip image from the journaling cards in the 6x8 paper pad and layered it on to add my journaling and added a title using the Color Study The Details Thicker pack. I love all the little dots and fun words in this pack!


Next, while I had all these supplies out, I decided to create a fun, bright card! I added all the mixed media elements and stamping that I used on my layout above onto a white card base and then layered it onto a piece of cardstock edged with Glitter Kiss to create a fabulous glittery paper effect!!


I fussy cut the paint image from another journaling card in the Color Study 6x8 Paper Pad and added a sentiment and puffy heart elements using the Color Study The Details Thicker pack.


I finished the card off with a sentiment strip and some stickers from the Sticker Book and used a black pen to add some hand drawn details. 


I love that there are so many fun products to play with in this collection, whether you area a cardmaker or scrapbooker - or both!!


Here's a look at some swatches I made using the New Vicki Boutin Gel Crayons


and various ways you can use them shown in the video below! (Don't forget to sign up to be notified by email when they are back in stock if they have sold in the store!)


I also created this slimline Hugs card with one of the Mama Elephant Slim die sets. You can find them in the Scrap Shotz shop HERE. They are really fun to work with and work well together. Don't forget if something is out of stock you can add your email to be one of the first to be notified with it comes back in. I stencilled over the beautiful Color Study Paper using the floral stencil in the Fresh Color Study Stencil Pack and Distress Oxide Inks. There are two new stencil packs in this collection and they are really such an amazing price point with beautiful designs!


I added stamping using the It's All Good Stamp Set. I just love the images included, and there again are two sets available in the Color Study Collection - at a really great price!! I diecut the HUGS from the Memory Box Twiggy Hugs Die. Memory Box has beautiful dies and I love the font on this sentiment. I cut four layers to create some dimension and layered it over some vellum to allow the beautiful paper to show through. I used some Crystal Glaze on top of the butterfly, which was stamped with Distress Oxide, to give it some shine and texture.  


I used the fun circle paper with the flowers in the It's All Good Stamp Set and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I added some diecut leaves and used Tonic Nuvo Dream Drops in the flower centers to finish them off.


Here's a video where you can check out just how this card came together! If you want to check out the full Facebook LIVE replay, you can find that HERE


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out the amazing Vicki Boutin Color Study collection in the Scrap Shotz Store. And don't forget to set your reminder for Thursdays at 3 pm MST when I do a Facebook Live each week doing demos using fun new products, sharing techniques and showing you what is new in the shop! Have an amazing, crafty week friends!

No comments: