Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Carta Bella Summer Take 1

 This month I'm playing with the Carta Bella "Summer" Collection. It's full of small details and pastel colours. I made a layout and a birthday card and have some more goodies to show you on Thursday!


I saw this lemon paper and just had to use it with my lemonade stand picture from last summer. It's a pretty busy paper so I started with the title. I cut the yellow cardstock at the same angle as the lemons. The green title is a cut file in the Silhouette Store. I offset the title and cut it out again on white paper and pasted the green letters on top. The background needed something to bring focus to the picture so I drew a lemon on a white paper. I used distress ink and a blending tool to create the yellow on the lemon. I then used a black Sharpie on the edges to make the lemon pop. I finished off the layout with some frames, tags, stickers, brads and journaling. 


This kit is perfect for card making. There is a happy birthday tag in the cut apart papers that I used as my sentiment. The flowers are fussy cut from one of the kit papers. The centers are brads that add some shimmer. The final touch was to add a scallop border using a punch. 

Don't forget that International Scrapbooking Day is this weekend. We are having a crop Friday and Saturday in the Scrap Shotz Paper Crafting Facebook Group. Make sure to join the group and check out the crop album to see the rules, schedule and challenges. It's going to be so much fun with live demos and games throughout. See you there!

No comments: