Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Creating a December Album with Simple Stories

 Hello friends! Karla back today with a look at my December album using the Winter Cottage collection and the Simple Stories Flipbook from the Scrap Shotz shop! I must admit, I always have great intentions of doing a December album each year, but... well you know... time flies! However, I'm so excited to be on track for really completing it this year! I know several things have to be in place for me to get this done - it needs to be easy, it needs to be fun, I need to have access to photos and time! Well I'm probably going to burn the midnight oil, but that's ok - I'm already so happy this project is coming together! First, I started out by putting together my foundations pages (see the live video link below showing each of those pages!). I chose to use the Simple Stories Flipbook with the awesome divided page protectors that come with it (and I have an extra multipack) and I'm using a collection of items that mix and match perfectly. There are lots of collection packs available and you could easily adapt this to any season!


I have my Canon Selphy printer to quickly and easily print off exactly the photos I need, and I'm able to collage them quickly to the size I need with the Project Life App! I love the assortment of papers and cut apart sheets plus the awesome 12x12 Sticker Sheet that come in the Winter Cottage Collection Pack! I cut apart those lovely 3x4, 4x6 and tag cut aparts to have to add into the pockets, and I still have tons of paper left over!


The Sticker Book has an amazing amount of images, sentiments, tabs and more that I used on my pages and photos. I'll be using some of these in my planner and on scrapbook pages as well! The Cottage Puffy Stickers and Chipboard Stickers are wonderful to embellish along with the coordinating Washi Tape and Foam Stickers. I pulled out some of the Journaling Bits and Pieces diecut ephemera to add some handwritten notes and used some pretty Baker's Twine from the Shop for my tags. 


You can see each page up close and find out how I put together days 1-6 in this video HERE or watch below!




If you missed the FB Live where I put together the foundation pages, you can find that HERE or click the video below. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today! You'll be able to see more of my December pages on Instagram over the next month!! Be sure to check out the fun new products in the Scrap Shotz store and share what you've been working on in our Scrap Shotz Papercrafting Facebook Group!! I'll be LIVE on the FB page on Thursday at 3 pm MST again - so mark your calendars, and have an amazing week. 


No comments: