Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Storyteller Layout

 I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely, scrappy holiday season. I used the November Kit to make this Vicki Boutin Storyteller Kit layout. The colours drew me to these pictures of my daughter in her first musical production. 


I really wanted to use the stencils in the kit so I chose this dark blue paper for the background and used white modeling paste with the stencil. This makes the design pop and I find the paste is thicker than paint so it doesn't ooze under the stencil. I mix paint into the modeling paste when I don't want to use the white colour. 
The title is made with the Bazzill yellow cardstock in the kit. The word 'fish' is made with the cardboard behind the stencils! I chose fonts I liked and cut out the words using my Silhouette Cameo.
The secondary title uses the Thickers in the kit. The stars are from the puffy sticker pack. I splattered some white gesso around the stars. I always mix some water into the gesso before splattering so it flies off the brush better. 
I captioned the pictures using the Thicker stickers. The writing uses a white pen.
The cute little camera is from the Puffy Stickers pack. 
That's all for now! Have a great week!

No comments: