Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Altenew Live Your Dream Pt.2: May SSZ Kit

Hi All!

I am back with my remaining kit projects and I am going to kick this off with some cards! I've jumped into the cardmaking in the past few years and am so enjoying it, I love it so much I jumped into the Altenew Educator Certification Program and am the first certified Canadian educator!

Let's start out with this super simple card!


I cut a piece of the kit patterned paper to 4 1/4"x 51/2". Next I applied Ultimate Crafts double sided tape to black card stock and used beautiful Altenew Antique Engravings Cover die to cut this beautiful die cut. I then adhered it to the patterned paper and glued the entire panel to a white card base.


I then coloured the Altenew image from the Stamping Village-Collaborative stamp set and adhered it to the centre of the die cut. The final touch is a scattering of Studio Katia Black Crystals from my stash.

This paper feels a little heavier than your average card stock so I wanted to try water colouring on it. I stamped the Altenew Delicate Flower Bed stamp in embossing ink and heat set with gold embossing powder. (Stamp available by special order.) The blooms are coloured with Altenew water-colour brush markers. After the panel dried I adhered it to an A2 size white note card and then coated the blooms in Nuvo Crystal Glaze. The sentiment is from the kit ephemera pack.


I created this card using the May 19 Kit add on 03-Clear Stickers. First I masked a diagonal portion of  4"x 5 1/4" white card stock with 1" painters tape. I then randomly adhered the clear stickers, trimming any pieces that overlapped along with the portion of stickers that hung off the edge. I gave the stickers a good rub to ensure the edges were stuck down good.


I then applied Black Soot Distress Ink with a finger dauber all over the white areas of the card stock, not worrying if I inked pieces of the stickers as well.


The ink wipes off the stickers with a paper towel. Add sentiment from kit ephemera with foam adhesive.


This card is designed around the gorgeous floral chipboard bouquet. 



I cut a 4" high strip of paper from the pink ombre kit paper. This is layered over the left side of a 4" high x 5 1/4" kit card stock that has been embossed with the WRMK basket weave embossing folder, I actually wanted to use THIS folder but picked the wrong one. The kit ephemera die cut is glued in the middle of the kit chipboard.


After embossing I applied Mother of Pearl Nuvo Embellishment Mousse to add some shine. The final step was adhering the sentiment chipboard to the center of the card.

Now I have another layout to share with you. So far I've created 4 cards and 3 layouts, this next layout makes 4!

As I stated in my last post, a coordinating paper line is so awesome to work with. For this layout I tore various widths of various papers and adhered them vertically on a piece of blue kit card stock. I matted the photo on black card stock, offsetting on kit orange card stock and then offsetting on kit patterned paper that I tore along the right edge. I then adhered the photo mat with foam tape in the centre bottom 1/3 of the page.


I used foam tape to adhere the exclusive die cut designed by Just Nick Studio and cut for all kit members on white card stock. I then placed Add On clear stickers over and under the die cut and layered kit chipboard under the die cut. The blooms are embellished with Studio Katia black crystals from my stash. 


Here is a closeup of the ephemera journal die cut and the clear stickers layered under the photo mat along with the kit epoxy wood buttons.


The scattering of Studio Katia black crystals from my stash, the kit Add On 06  Studio Katia Midnight Crystals would be perfect in place of these if you don't have them in your stash.

So after all these projects I still have one more layout to share and oodles of kit products to be used! 

I could easily create another 2-3 layouts with what I have not yet used so at $35.95, this kit is a fantastic value!

Thanks so very much for stopping by!










No comments: