Friday, March 23, 2018

Product Close Up: Lawn Fawn

Hello!

Rosie here to share a couple of projects using a few of the newest Lawn Fawn products in the store.

Here is what I am working with:




There are a few more Lawn Fawn products I am working with but you'll have to come back to see which ones they are and what I created with them 😉.

Okay, on to my projects...


Alcohol inks are becoming popular again, to be honest, I didn't get into them the first time around but when this kit came up at such a good price I thought I would give them a try.


The kit includes glossy paper, 3 colours of ink, gold metallic mixative, blending solution, applicator tool and felt pads, stamp and black archival ink.

To create this background, begin by dropping Red Pepper ink all over the glossy card stock and tip the paper to distribute the ink around it. 
Add a handful of drops of blending solution to move the ink around.
Next, drop some of the gold solution and add blending solution to the gold drops and again tip the paper to move the gold ink and solution around until you are satisfied with it. Set aside to dry. 


The ink dries fairly quickly and while you are waiting you can work on another background!

Once the ink dried I ran the card stock and background die through my Big Shot.


The pop up butterfly dies are a total of 6 butterflies, 3 which create a popup and 3 which are standalone along with the butterfly centres. 

The 3 butterflies on the left of the image, attached to the small, medium and large centres, are the dies that cut out completely. The 3 on the right are the pop up dies. The centres were cut out of gold glitter card stock.


The photo doesn't show the Wink of Stella clear glitter I added to all the white butterflies, they are quite sparkly in person. The sentiment is stamped in black Versamark Ink and then heat set with clear embossing powder.

Up next is another alcohol ink background, this time in blue and gold.


I created the background in a similar manner as the red card, using Stream ink and Gold mixative ink and ink blending solution. I hope to have a video or step by step photo tutorial soon of the process. As with the previous card, I die cut the background once the ink was dry.


I used the diagonal die cut lines as a guide to cut the inked background on an angle, leaving plenty of room to stamp the sentiment.

The two halves of the background are adhered with foam tape on the top and bottom of an A2 card. Prior to adhering the 2 halves I stamped the sentiment with Versafine black ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. I "dry fit" the inked background to confirm the sentiment placement and use my Misti stamp positioning tool to ensure I got it just right.


To finish off the card I adhered Studio Katia gold sequins with Tombow Mono liquid glue in the centres of the quilted die cut "flowers".

Thanks for spending time here today, feel free to leave a comment or ask questions in the comments!

No comments: