Wednesday, March 28, 2018

New Prooducts!!

Happy Wednesday!! Cathy here to share a couple of projects featuring all new supplies that you can get right here from Scrap Shotz
My first project features some of the new Tim Holtz Thinlits! Don't even think about it, just add them to your must have list! These are the perfect size for your traveler's journals! 

I've started a journal for my mini get away I had in February. The TH Stitched Slots die is perfect for adding more spots to tuck in your keepsakes.


I used some paper from my TH stash and glued it to some cardstock so the pocket would be sturdier.

I do not have a sewing machine to stitch, so I just used a black marker to emphasize the stitch marks. I did use a fine tip pen so the nib fit right in the stitches.

I cut mine out so the bottom part showed the map that shows the Canada/US border on the side I live on. My little getaway was just across the border into Washington.  At the top of the page I used the Tim Holtz Thinlits Shadow Script #1 for my word.
In the first stitched slot I slid in a pic from our first stop and a tag with a description of where we were and what we were up to on the first stop.


 A quick word of advice, don't throw out the little slot pieces that get cut out! I've used them on the next page.

On my second page I used the little cut out parts as embellishments. They'd make a great page border too!

This little label in blue is also from the Stitched Slots set. Perfect for adding a title or words and make them stand out a bit.

For my second project I used the Sizzix Textured Impressions 3-D Bohemian Botanicals. All I can say is WOW!! I found a piece of thin metal in my stash and decided to use that to emboss.

This folder is gorgeous!

Look how amazing the metal looks with the 3-D embossing! When using one of these 3-D folders with your Big Shot, use only 1 cutting plate. The folder itself is very thick.

To add my colour I used alcohol ink and touch of blending solution.
Once I was done with the inks, I loved how it looked just as it was. So I used a canvas board for the background and did all the edges using the glorious Baked Texture Embossing Powders.On my project I used Ancient Amber, Patina Oxed and Rocky Road.





And here a few close ups of the texture from the embossing powder and the alcohol inked 3-D embossing folder.







And the finished project!




Such amazing products just in at Scrap Shotz! You'll want to get your order in for these great tools for creating!

Thanks for supporting Scrap Shotz and our fantastic Design Team! Stay tuned because the April Kit is going to be released soon!!


No comments: