Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Photoplay - To the Moon Collection

At first glance, I loved this collection. The colors in the line are gorgeous and so different from most of the lines out there right now. Then last week we were in Houston, and the patterned paper and stickers were perfect for this photo from the Space Center. I popped up the stickers and when I cut out the alphas, I loved the look of the negative space, so used that instead of the individual letters.
This plaid patterned paper is very gender neutral, so easy to use for masculine pages. I printed the photos in black and white so they would stand out  and matted them with black. The alphas are from my stash, an old Heidi Swapp booklet. They weren't distinctive enough, so I traced them with a black pen after matting them on solid cardstock from the add on cardstock pack. To cut out the words, I find it easier to draw a bubble around them with a pencil then fussy cut. If there are any stray pencil marks, they are easily erased.

Finally, I used the sticker sheet and the 3x4 cut aparts in the collection to create baby cards. These are really sweet. All I added was foam and enamel dots and some twine and ribbon. I also used stickers for the inside sentiments where I could. This made for no-stamp cards, which are fun for a change!





Thanks for stopping in! 



 

No comments: