Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Welcome Winter




Time to document your winter memories! Have you had a chance to play with the October Scrapbook Kit? The kit features the Carta Bella, Welcome Winter collection and it’s a beauty! So many blue tones, snowflakes and plaid touches - perfect for winter. 

Snowflakes and Circles



For my first layout I played with circles! I started with this great striped pattern from the collection and using an empty paper towel roll and some blue/grey crackle texture paste from my stash created some messy circles down the centre of the page. 

Then I used a circle punch and the 2x2 cut apart pattern paper in the kit to make a bunch of circles featuring different snowflakes from the collection. I grabbed any of the circle embellish (die cuts, chipboard and stickers) and created a cascade of circles with my photo in the middle. 

A few black splatters, a few more splatters in the same crackle texture paste with some water added, a few punched hearts from pattern paper and a small rip and some staples on the left and right of the page finished it all off. 

Embrace the ‘Country’ Look 




For my next layout I wanted to showcase this awesome selfie of my parents! I love that it was taken at Christmas and you can see the heaps of white snow in the front yard behind them as we are all inside, cozy and warm. Perfect winter memory. 

I started with this simple plaid pattern from the kit. Then pulled a 12x12 chicken wire stencil from my stash (love the ‘country’ look for this farm house photo) and added it to the page using a crackle texture paste in blue/grey from my stash. I used that same texture paste with some water to create splatters, and added a few in white acrylic paint too. Using some Tim Holtz, Distress Oxide in Weather Wood I also added some snowflakes using the collection stamps.

Then I used a bunch of patterns to anchor my photo and just had fun layering a whole bunch of chipboard, sticker and die cut titles to the right of the photo. I was excited to tuck one of the plastic snowflakes from the kit in there too. A couple of punched hearts in the amazing silver glitter paper in the kit stapled to the top left of the photo finished it off! 

Think Left and Right 
 
 



For this layout I featured 4 photos. Instead of a horizontal layout (my go to) I decided to try the photos down the left of the page. 

I started with a Bazzill Basics Cardstock, Raven (black) from the shop as my base and added some bricks using a Peartree Cutfiles Stencil from my stash and Tim Holtz, Distress Oxide in Weather Wood for some pattern. A few splatters in the Distress Oxide and white acrylic paint finished off the mixed media design.  

Then I created a cascade of photos on the left, backing each photo with a couple of the pattern papers from the kit. To balance the page and create a title, I added a bunch of embellishments to the right. 

In a couple of spots I also added the flag die cuts in the collection - a great way to feature some of the twine included in the kit with a few simple staples.

All the Plaids 



Inspired by the little tree embellishments in the collection and in love with all the plaid pattern paper, I reached for this Christmas Tree cutfile from Peartree Cutfiles. I used a different plaid pattern paper from the collection for each tree and the glitter paper in the kit for the stars. 

I popped up the cutfile on the wood grain pattern, after adding some background splatters in white and black, then had some fun adding my photos, a title from the chipboard set and stars from the kit and my stash. The little feature at the top and bottom of the page are the edges cut off one of the die cuts in the collection. I thought it was a neat touch! 

If you are not a kit member or just looking to add more of this collection to your scrappy stash, lots of goodies left in the shop. Check out Carta Bella, Welcome Winter.

 


 

No comments: