Wednesday, September 15, 2021

P13 Summer Vibes


Not sure about you, but I am not ready to say goodbye to summer just yet. So I am extending the season by focusing only on summer themed scrapbook supplies while in my crafty space, such as P13 Summer Vibes collection. Documenting some of my favourite summer memories with these happy supplies keeps the sunshine around a little longer! 

Layout One - Hello World 

For my first layout with these watercolour summer goodies I went straight for the map pattern paper #06 - I am a sucker for a good map or globe inspired pattern. 


I wanted the pattern to do all the work, so picked just one photo and layered it up with all kinds of goodies from the P13 collection. Then used the Hickory Smoke, Distress Oxide from Tim Holtz to add some arrows and a heart from the photo to Portugal (where the photo was taken). 

I used some of the same ink to add a few splatters behind the photo cluster and some arrow stamps on the top and bottom of the page. 


The title Hello World and the 3 botanical stems are from a gray Thickers collection deep in my stash. I love how bold they look on all the white space, and they matched the stamped ink perfectly. 

Layout Two - Sweet Stripes

For my second layout, I just had to use the diagonal stripe paper #04 - the pastel colours reminded me of a yummy, sweet ice cream cone and there is no one sweeter than my wee niece! She just had to be featured on this pattern paper. 


With this layout, I again focused on creating a fun photo cluster - layering all the cute things and patterns with my photo and leaving the rest of the layout to just be colourful. 

I cut apart most of the pattern stripes and then used my distress tool to rough up the edges of each strip to give the page a bit more texture and dimension - and then glued it all down on a scrap white paper back in the same order of the pattern. 


With my P13 goodies, Scrap Shotz included the cutest, little matching paper florals from Prima Marketing (no one does florals like Prima) - I added a few these to the photo cluster too. I love the touch of feminine to this photo of her in her ‘movie watching’ seat (aka laundry basket with a blanket and stuffies). So cute! 

Layout Three - Surf's Up

For my third layout, I am all about the circles! The pattern paper #05 features gentle waves and instantly inspired me to reach for some boogie boarding photos from South Africa. My photos are not the best so I cut them in circles to try and hide the flaws - and this inspired a circle design layout! 


Once I had my photos cut in circles and scattered down the page, I just played with all the stickers and goodies from the P13 collection until I had a happy, jumbled, layered “mess”. I did add some white acrylic paint splatters on the pattern paper behind the photos as well. 

A few of the embellishments are fussy cut from pattern paper #03. I liked the combo of botanicals and cameras or sneakers on the pattern. I also added some of the die-cut chipboard pieces #08 (they look and feel like delicate wood veneer - love!) to a few spots on the page to bring a little texture to the layout. 

The ‘Surf’s Up’ title that follows along a photo - playing on the circle design - was the finishing touch.

How are your documenting your summer? 

There are still some P13 Summer Vibes goodies in the shop - pop over, grab some of these watercolour inspired designs and extend your summer! 

 

No comments: