Monday, January 4, 2021

The Cutest Sugar Cookies

The Prima Marketing Inc., Sugar Cookies Christmas Collection Scrap Shotz sent me to play with this month continues to be the prettiest thing on my scrapbook desk! 

The pinks and florals and crystals and retro pink Santa are so, so pretty. Last week I shared two 12x12 layouts that focused on really showcasing the ‘pretty’ of this collection (take a peek) and this week I am all about the ‘cute‘ of the collection - and that includes using photos of my little land shark Bella. 

For my first layout today I created a design to showcase the texture goodies - the ‘Say It With Crystals’ from Prima in the collection and the Picket Fence Moonshine Sequins that were included in my Scrap Shotz goodies. 


Using a piece of 12x12 Bazzill Cardstock in Avalanche, I rubbed some Tim Holtz, Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet through a Vicki Boutin stencil to create an anchor on the page for my photo cluster and the texture. I also added a few Kaisercraft snowflake stamps in Distress Ink Evergreen Bough (stamped off once before using on my page) and Frayed Burlap. Focusing the colour into a sort of diamond shape so a little would show all around the cluster.  


Then I took my photos and some of the Prima Ephemera to create layers - just tucking and adding till it looked busy - and added a gold title from my stash. Once all in place, I added confetti of sequins and crystals all over the coloured background area. And yes, I adhered each sequin individually - a labour of love! 




I finished this one off with some splatters of the Vintage Velvet (smoosh some of the stamp pad onto a piece of plastic or your stamp block, add a spritz of water and then flick the mixture with a paintbrush on to the page) and some white acrylic paint (same approach). 

Little Tip: cover your photo with a scrap piece of paper so you don’t get splatters all over it. Or sometimes I like to make the scrap piece just slightly smaller than the photo, so a few splatters land on just the photo edges. Looks especially good with winter photos and white splatters. 

For my second layout today I wanted to play with all the words! Inspired by the few phrase pieces in the Prima Ephemera pack, I decided to create more by cutting up some of the cut apart pieces and pattern paper. Then I created a long cascade of Christmas-y words down the side of the page. 


Behind the photo and words I needed a little something more - so created this pattern paper circle. I cut a circle from a scrap piece of paper and sliced it up into random pie shapes. Then I used those as a template to cut the actual pieces from the pattern paper. This is a great way to showcase more than one pattern. 


I finished this one off with a few splatters of the Vintage Velvet and a couple of short pieces of gold washi tape from Vicki Boutin, Storyteller collection to anchor a few of the word phrases. A tucked-in cute snowman to the left and right and voila! 

I am getting down to only wee bits left in my kit but think I have enough goodies for one more project - stay tuned! I have something in the works on my scrappy desk right now...








No comments: