Thursday, January 7, 2021

The Yummiest Sugar Cookies

A final layout showcasing the Prima Marketing Inc., Sugar Cookies Christmas Collection Scrap Shotz sent me to play with this month! 

Over the last couple of weeks, I have shared four 12x12 layouts using this collection, a couple of cute ones and a couple of pretty ones. The pinks and florals and retro Santas and crystals of this collection have made it so versatile. Easy to scrapbook everything from cozy photos of the puppy to beautiful photos of my family, and now a photo of me and my sister sipping yummy Starbucks lattes.



I didn't have too much left of the kit to play with but that's no problem! I ripped the scraps of pattern paper into 12 inch long strips and layered these messily along the bottom. Keeping the design to about a 1/4 or less of the page as an anchor for my photo. 

I didn't want so much white space to show on my background though so used a Kaisercraft Snowflake stamp) from a past Scrap Shotz kit) and some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap and Victorian Velvet to stamp the background. I focused on stamping about the same width of the page as my layered pattern papers. I still wanted some white space but too, too much. 

Hmm, I felt like I still needed a little pop of something - so reached into my stash of alphas and found these great gold words to scatter among the snowflakes. As if they were part of the background; like a snowflake and gold pattern paper!



Instead of using one 4x6 of this photo, I decided to print it 4 times in 2x3 and repeat the same image across the page like a film strip. To add a little something, I grabbed a small scrap of gold glitter paper and popped up one of the photos - the one there with the 'hello' and florals - as a sort of focal point. 


From there I added a few .. ok a lot .. of the Picket Fence, Moonshine Sequins for a little texture and shine. And voila! I love how this layout turned out. 

If you are playing with Prima Marketing Inc, Sugar Cookies we would love to see. Tag us on social media so we can ooh and ahh. 











No comments: