Sunday, July 12, 2020

Lawn Fawn Car Critters: Building a Scene

Hello!

Rosie back to share this card and a few tips for building a scene with your stamps.


I have combined the Lawn Fawn Car Critters stamp set, All the Clouds stamp set and the Mama Elephant Scene Builder stamp set.

Tip # 1: "Test Drive" the layout by practicing it first to figure out exactly how to proceed. The image on the left below is the practice panel.


Tip #2: Use a stamp positioning tool like a Misti. It's invaluable for this type of card as you can lay out the various elements and stamp them all at the same time. 
Based on my practice panel I stamped the car, mountains, moon and clouds. I also stamped these images on masking paper and fussy cut the images. I applied the and then stamped the bears.

With all the stamping done, I masked the moon, clouds and mountains and then inked a sunset scene with Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet and Black Soot in.


Tip#3: Hand draw in details if needed. I drew the edges of the road with a Micron .05 black archival marker alongside the car. I also extended the edges of the mountain range to the side of the card stock. I then laid Post It tape over edges of the road and masked over the mountain range, inking the grassy area with Distress Oxide inks in Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss.


Once the inking was done I coloured in all the images with copic markers and stamped the sentiment from the Car Critters stamp set.

Here's another look at the completed card.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

Tamara said...

I love this!!!! The scene is amazing and the inks you used look gorgeous!

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.