Monday, October 23, 2017

The Ton Stamps - Peony Cluster Mini and Cozy Poinsettia

Hi there!

This month I got to play with stamps and die sets from The Ton.  This is a "new to me" stamp line, but I'm thinking there will be more added to my collection very soon.  The designs are so versatile and the detail is incredible.



I started with a simple card design using the Peony Cluster Mini.



After heat embossing with gold, I used some pink water colour to colour my image.  I'm quite the novice at water colouring, so I find embossing the image first is quite forgiving.

The flowers were then cut with the available die and using foam tape, mounted it on a nest of pink twine. All of that was then placed on top of the strip of pink cardstock which had been stamped repeatedly with the sentiment. To finish it off, I added some strips of washi tape, some rhinestones, and rounded the corners of the card.

Now that my creative muscles were flexed, I set out to play with the Cozy Poinsettia stamp.




The gold embossing and the water colours were still on my desk, so I used those supplies again.  This time, instead of using regular foam adhesive, I used the die to cut out some fun foam.  The larger image was quite warped (even though I had used water colour paper), and gluing the image to the fun foam keeps it nice and flat.  I think it will hold up better in the mail, as well.

I mounted the image on a piece of white cardstock and a piece of patterned paper from the Perfectly Plaid 6x6 pad by Lawn Fawn.  I embellished it with a small strip of washi at the top and some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pale Gold.

The creative juices were flowing now, so I pulled out my Copics and started colouring.



Again, I'm no expert in Copic colouring and I only have a few markers.  I started by stamping the image with Black Archival Ink. The markers were R05, R27, R89, G24, G17, and YR09.  Then, Stickles were added to the centers.

Using an A2 sized card, I cut approximate,2 3/4 inches off the front of the card base and replaced it with a piece of Hot Off the Press Acetate. To cover the seam, I placed some washi tape. I stamped the sentiment on top of the acetate with Staz On Ink. 

Whew!  Lots of words to explain three pretty simple cards.  But, I just love how they turned out.

Thanks for looking and for any products not linked, please be sure to check out the store.



No comments: