Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Concord and 9th Magnolia Wreath Stamp and Die Set

Have you seen the gorgeous Concord and 9th Magnolia Wreath Stamp and Die Set? It's gorgeous and uber versatile. When I purchase a stamp set, I brainstorm as many different ways I can to use the set, especially if the set is "themed" or "seasonal."

At first glance, you may think this set is for the holidays given that many cardmakers are busy making Christmas cards, myself included. Let me show you how I created some fun projects .... and I'm only scratching the surface of my idea list. (I will have more to share on my Instagram feed!)

Below I have a couple of autumnal cards to say thanks for sharing their recent Thanksgiving with my family. I played with my inks, taking advantage of the Hero Arts ombre Butter to Orange dye ink pad. I masked off the darkest colour as I knew I would be adding gold embossing to the base wreath image.



To the top layer of leaves I added Lawn Fawn Cranberry and Lobster dye ink colours to the edges using the "rock and roll" method. What I love about this technique is that each stamped image is unique - no set of leaves are the same as is the current season.



Then I adhered the leaves, added some Nuvo tonic drops for berries and a distress oxide stamped sentiment.

Next I created a couple of contemporary toned Christmas cards using the Distress Oxide inks in Peeled Paint and Lucky Clover. For each I stamped the second layer with VersaMark ink and embossed using some embossing powder to capture the light and sparkle of snow. Again, I used a Distress Oxide Vintage Photo stamped sentiment and finished it with some Jilly Bean twine.

The first card I kept simple and will be mass producing these for the Caring Hearts Drive.



For the second card, I add some Nuvo glitter drops in Rhubarb for the berries. Originally I had stamped the berries on the wreath but with the embossing it was too faint for my liking. And I finished it with a Distress Oxide Candied Apple stamped sentiment.


And a close up of the embossing and berries.



For my last project, I dolled up mini take out cartons with my autumnal coloured and embossed wreath. Each container will contain some apple crisp piping hot from the oven tonight to my friends.



I hope I've inspired you with these projects. There are several more projects brewing in my head which I am excited to share. These cards can be seen in person this weekend at the Scrap Shotz Fall crop.

-Virginia

1 comment:

Lorraine Melin said...

Beautiful work as always, V!