Monday, August 16, 2021

Cardmaking With The Sandy Paws Collection!

Hello friends! Karla back today with set of summer cards using the fabulous Sandy Paws Collection from Craft Consortium! This is such a cute beachy set, perfect for hot summer days! We recently took a trip to Saskatchewan to visit family and I wanted to send out some thank you cards after our stay, and these were perfect to do just that! The 6x6 paper pad is filled with awesome images and patterns and has some really cool cut aparts too! 


I stamped the images on Bristol Smooth Cardstock and watercoloured them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers while we were away! It was the perfect way to craft on holidays. I chose images from the Ice Cream Stamp Set, but I love that there are so many different stamp sets to choose from!!


The little Enamel Rings are so cute and are perfectly colour coordinated! I added in some other embellishments from my stash as well for even more pops of colour. These Rainbow Wheels from Studio Katia would be fun to use too!


I used the Tim Holtz Label Stickers to add sentiments to my cards. These have the same dimension and texture as an actual label maker - so cool! 


I used the colouring guide on the stamp set packaging to colour in the images for the most part. I like that I could just follow along and know that it was going to match these fabulous papers perfectly! 


I stamped several of the smaller images, including these yummy ice cream cones, to use as embellishments.


How cute is this little truck?!! Seriously! And, yes, we did eat lots of ice cream while we were at the lake, lol. There is a little grocery store called Fern's Grocery, and it was just a few minutes walk away from the cabin, so.... 🤣


The beach house is one of my favourite images from this set! The paper even has a glossy coating on the little houses on one side - so fun! 


I used the cut apart strips from the pages with various scenes printed, across each of the cards, placing them so that I had scenery for the stamped images.


I used some sparkly Stardust Gelliroll Gel Pen to add some shimmer to various images on the cards, because sparkle is awesome! 


Be sure to check out the full Sandy Paws Collection in the Shop! 


We are also super excited to soon be at the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival and we hope to see you there too!! If you would like to shop online and have your order ready to pick up at either the Edmonton or Calgary locations, just choose local pickup and make a note where you'll pick up!! Have an awesome week friends!





No comments: