Thursday, December 6, 2018

November Kit - A Layout & Card Gift Set

Hi friends! Karla here today with two more projects using the gorgeous Scrap Shotz November Kit Club featuring the Jen Hadfield Along The Way Collection. If you haven't already checked out the last two layouts I created with it, be sure to get the details, along with a process video HERE. This will be the third layout I put together and I love that the beautiful colours and designs can go with so many different themes!


I decided to use the December Sketch from the Creative Scrapbooker Sketchy Challenge and created a circular pattern with the shiny blue Kaisercraft Glitter Tape in the kit. I created a gathered effect by folding it back and forth and then using my sewing machine to stitch through it. 


There are so many pretty cards in the 3x4 cut apart sheet included with the patterned papers, and I decided to use an oval die to cut out the light teal card and fussy cut the house from another card (below). I also fussy cut the butterflies from the sheet of butterfly patterned paper and used lots of the diecut ephemera, buttons, stickers and enamel dots from the kit to create a wreath look on my layout.


The pretty gold foil on the framed Happy Day sticker coordinates wonderfully with the Gold Foil Puffy Letter Thickers and the foiled sentiment on the word sticker! I even used some square and circle stitched dies to diecut various black and white elements to tuck behind the glitter tape.


Next, I decided to make a 6 card set to give as a gift to one of my daughter's teachers at Christmas. I used the patterned paper sheet of sentiments and since I was on the wreath kick 😉 I decided to keep it going! I wanted to keep these fairly basic and they didn't take me long to do at all. I layered leftover bits of paper, even using the pretty branding strips, to create themed cards. I added some Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker to the front of the sentiment wreaths, which I cut out with a stitched circle die, and softened some of them with my waterbrush. I even coordinated the inside of the card, which you can see beside each card front below, to match! I know the teacher is going to love having these handmade cards ready to give out to her own friends!


Even after creating three layouts and six cards I still have lots of product left over from this kit! Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check out the whole Kit Reveal post HERE for closeups and a video! You can find the kit at the Scrap Shotz store here, and pick up any fun Kit Add-Ons here. I hope you have as much fun playing with these goodies as I have!

No comments: