Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Steam Vents, Sea Turtles and the June Scrapbook Kit

Please click HERE if you are looking for details of the Scrap Shotz Design/Page Kit Team layout call!!!!

Hello Friends!

It's Rosie, back with a couple more layouts using the latest Scrap Shotz kit, there are still some kit subscriptions available so if you like what you see, click on the link to guarantee yourself the June kit as part of your 3 month subscription😀.

First up is Steam Vents:


I took almost 1500 photos😳 on our Hawaiian Vacation 3 years ago so every kit is a great opportunity to get them scrapbooked😉.  Some of the earthy colours in this line were perfect for these photos so I created this large patterned paper photo mat and bordered it with twine from a previous Scrap Shotz kit.


The leafy die cut is from the Wild Whisper Designs cutting file which matches the "Worlds Best" paper line and is cut for each kit by yours truly😊.  I cut the die cut in half and misted with black spray.

The kit Nuvo Crystal drops in Sugared Almond cover the wood veneer teardrop along with accenting the ends of the blooms of the die cuts.

Sea Turtle is my next layout:

I created a circular stitching template with the negative portion of a die cut I created for another project with my Silhouette Cameo and pierced stitching holes with my paper piercer along the inside of the die cut. I then hand stitched with embroidery floss from my stash. 



I punched circles with my 2" circle punch from kit patterned papers, folded in half and adhered within the stitched circles. The stitched border is the perfect place to house the alphas (custom cut with the Silhouette Cameo for this kit) creating the title for this page.


The die is cut in half and popped up with foam tape on either side of the photo. I also embellished the die cut with kit Crystal Nuvo Drops.


Photo is punched with a 3" circle punch and adhered to the card stock with foam tape in between the die cut halves.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at these projects!

xoxoxox

2 comments:

missgailly said...

Fabulous work Rosie!

Rosie said...

Thank you Gail :)