Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Simply Smashing!


I am completely and utterly smitten with smash books. I love everything about smash books, from the concept to the cool and funky accessories that accompany these gems! When smash books first hit the market, I whipped up 2 of the standard sized books but I knew all along I wanted smash books for my girls to put together...because they seem to save alot of ... ummm... treasures! When K&Co came out with the smaller sized mini folios, I knew it was perfect for my girls.

Here is a smash book I prepared for my youngest. It will be filled with details from our upcoming trip which she will share with her class upon return. Plus, it is the perfect size for her little hands!

For the cover, I sprayed some Tattered Angels glimmer mist with a Prima compass template. Then I adorned the corner with some American Crafts alphas and Little Yellow Bicycle travel themed embossed stickers from an older Scrap Shotz monthly kit.


The K&Co fabric tabs have Cosmo Cricket mini alphas defining each section. Throughout my album, I took the opportunity to use up all the travel themed rub on and sticker remnants I had been saving...for a long long time...


One of my favorite K&Co smash items are the various patterned tapes used to attach the journaling notes, stickers and soon to accumulate memorabilia from our trip. The black and white polka dots are my favorite but there are so many more to choose from in the store!!!


Throughout the book, I used mini alphas primarily from Glitz Designs and Cosmo Cricket. There are fun rub ons from Fancy Pants, Autumn Leaves and Little Yellow Bicycle.




I can hardly wait to fill these wonderful plastic "zip loc" baggies that are held in my smash book with the coolest magnetic clip. The paper flag tab and clip are fabulous markers within the album. 


These pages are ready for my munchkin to fill in with the dual sided pen and glue stick.



Throughout the album, I added mini folders (that have been in my stash for years!!!!) With a few left over dimensional stickers from Little Yellow Bicycle, the folder looks totally hip and happening! Don't you agree???



The next few pages showcase the various journaling notepads from K&Co. I love each and every one of them :-)






These mini envelopes are perfect for the mini folios. A few rub ons and voila a customized envelope!



Thanks for letting me share! The supplies can all be found at the Scrap Shotz store!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is very ambitious of you to have that prepared a head of travel time! It's absolutely awesome!

GennyV

Rosie said...

This is fantastic! Your daughter will have a great time filling this in I'm sure!

Stacy V. said...

I love what you've done! I was thinking about the mini folio. I'll have to finish my normal-sized one first :)

Jamie V said...

I got one for dd, totally inspired by yours!, thanks v