Friday, August 27, 2010

Fabulous Friday - Anything But Challenge

Hello Everyone! Is everyone out enjoying the last few days of summer vacation??? I know I am BUT I am definitely making time for the Anything But project that the talented Stephanie Schan created for this Fabulous Friday.

As some of you know, my daughter is heading into University life next month and sharing an apartment with a friend. She is going to have to learn to cook meals herself and I thought a Recipe Card Box with some of her favourites would be a great “New Home” gift.

This is very easy to make and will fit 4x6 standard index cards.

Here we go:

Start with a piece of cardstock in the colour of your choice and cut it to 10 ¼ x 7 ½.

Then cut and score as in my photo!


Trim a bit of cardstock from the side flaps to make assembling the box easier.

Add patterned paper.


For the divider cards, I used 4x6 white cardstock and punched 8 tabs in coordinating cardstock colours. These were stapled on to the top.


Decorate it and you’re done! This would also be a great gift for a teacher, a new baby, housewarming, etc.

Let’s see what you can do with this idea!


This is absolutely gorgeous Stephanie! Thanks for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very cute!! Great idea Stevie!

Ruby said...

Cute project. This would be great to use up some scraps.