Monday, February 20, 2023

Mixed Media Card Inspiration!

Hello friends! Karla back today to share some cards I put together over the weekend using various pieces created in the Scrap Shotz Thursday Live Demo's over the last few weeks! That's the fun thing about playing with your supplies... you have panels and stamped images and diecut pieces that you can then put together to create pretty projects!! I added in the pretty Ink Drop Sunset 6x6 papers and Yana's Wonderful Script Sentiments Dies by Spellbinders!


For this first card, I used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse to paint the pretty Pinkfresh Floral Border Stamp! It is so shimmery and worked great alongside the Vicki Boutin Cosmic Watercolor Set! I popped the frame up over a Spellbinders 3D embossing folder background.

Check out the video HERE to see lots of other ways to use the pretty Nuvo Embellishment Mousse!


I layered the Script Sentiments Dies cut with the Sunset paper over  shimmery Tonic Pearlescent Cardstock and added Pinkfresh Gold Glitter Drops to embellish! 


I was left with a tag base after demoing the lovely Lost Shadow Distress in this demo HERE. It is such a beautiful, soft grey, perfect to add a shadow of colour and wonderful to mix in with other colours. Definitely a must-have! I sprayed through the AALL & Create Lotza Stars Stencil for a soft grey background using the Lost Shadow Spray Stain and then added a bright pop of yellow using Harvest Moon Distress Mica Stain, which has a lovely sparkle! I even sprayed my seam binding ribbon to match! 


I added a foiled Pinkfresh Detail Leaf diecut - you can check out all the fun ways we used the new Pinkfresh collection in this video HERE - and layered on those beautiful Spellbinders diecut words!


Last week we had fun playing with the New and exciting Vicki Boutin Black Foundations Paper!! You can check out that video HERE! For this card I used the Pinkfresh Floral Border Stencil and Distress Oxides, which look gorgeous over the black paper. I love that the stencils can be used alone or with the stamps, and the border die is so detailed! I used the Ink Drop Sunset 6x6 paper as a base for the frame and added a hello beautiful Sentiment


I accented the flowers with the Pinkfresh Gold Glitter Drops and Nuvo Lemon Twist Dream Drops.


Of course, Lunar Paste looks amazing on a black background, and because the Black Foundations Paper is heavy weight, and perfect for mixed media, it works beautifully for this technique! I used Gold Rush and Tropical Tango Paste through a Vicki Boutin Print Shop Stencil, mixing them for a pretty patina'd look. Be sure to check out the video to see how easy it is to create this effect!



I added some Lucy's Cards Gems to this card for just a little more bling!


Here, I heat embossed the Pinkfresh Mixed Blooms Rubber Stamp with Ranger White Embossing Powder and painted it in with the Vicki Boutin Cosmic Watercolor Set, which look amazing on black as well as white paper!


I used the Ink Drop paper as a base and embellished with Dream Drops.


For this last card I again stenciled the Pinkfresh Floral Border with Distress Oxides, but this time I stamped over top with the coordinating Floral Border Stamp using Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment ink to add in the sketchy details! 


I used the white ink again to stamp the sentiment - I love how many pretty sentiments are included with the Floral Border stamp set and added a few Lucy's Cards Gems to finish it off! 


You check out more fun ways we used the new Black Foundations Paper in the Thursday Demo HERE or click to watch below!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to watch this week's Live Demo on the Scrap Shotz Facebook Page, and have a happy, crafty week!




No comments: