Monday, June 27, 2022

Carta Bella Farmhouse Summer Layouts Part 2

Have you been playing with your June Kit? I have! I've made a layout using some family photos we took in the fall. The Carta Bella "Farmhouse Summer" Collection is perfect for family photos.


I began with all the frames that came in the kit. Some are made of chipboard and others are in the ephemera pack. I matched my photos to the frames and decided to cut apart the picture of the cat and my daughter so they could each have a frame. I knew I wanted to make a row of flags when I saw all the different sizes and shapes of flags in the kit. Some are puffy stickers, some are cardstock stickers and some are ephemera. I ran out of the green paper however, so I had to add a third row of paper. But it worked out ok because the frames kind of point into a triangle and I could add a second row of flags. The final touches included adding some enamel dots and ephemera tags. My favourite part of the layout is the journaling. It says, "The Johnson Family (plus a random cat)". This cat followed us through the whole park and really did want to be a part of our family.

Here is a close-up of all those flags. I cut them out without peeling the stickers off their backing so I could move them around until I found a layout I liked. 


Thanks for taking a peek at my layout! Have a scrappy summer everyone!

No comments: