Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Simple Stories Simple Vintage Coastal Layouts

Who went to the beach this summer? I sure did. This collection is perfect for scrapping those ocean, beachy, boating pictures. I got to play with the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Coastal collection. Below you will see examples of the bits and pieces die cut pack, chipboard stickers, brads and the foam stickers (my favourite!).


For the first layout, I used the July sketch from the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Facebook Group

I like how the sketch pushed me to move my pictures to the outside of the page. I never would've done that myself. I just backed the photos with cardstock and added some stickers and embellishments. Oh Simple Stories, you make everything so simple!


My second layout looks like mixed media but Simple Stories did all the hard work for me. The background paper does all the heavy lifting. I just cut some of the palm tree branches out of the paper so I could layer my picture underneath. 


Then I layered stickers and embellishments and journaled at the top. The picture isn't matted but has the manufacturing strips down the sides.


My third layout has a few bits of torn paper but I have so many awesome goodies to play with, I just went to town layering them once again.



My final layout uses all the same techniques as the others but this time I used a stencil with texture paste on the background. I also splattered some sparkly paint.



Thanks for taking a peak! Have a great day!

No comments: