Friday, March 22, 2019

March Kit Club and Creative Scrapbooker Sketchy Challenge

Hello, hello! Each month us gals her at Scrap Shotz have a great time playing with the monthly Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's Sketchy Challenge. I am using my March Scrapbook Kit to play this month and I am taking the sketch from what is a pretty traditional 12x12 size and style into a Traveler's Notebook (TN) layout.

The Creative Scrapbook Magazine, Sketchy Challenge for March is really, like all sketches, a jumping off point. You can take it literally and match the design exactly or you can use it to inspire your own layout or even just an elements of your project.

As I was taking my layout from this design into a TN I had to think about how I would incorporate the middle of the notebook into the design. With a shift of the two smaller objects on top from the centre over to the left I was able to stay true to the design while making sure I was not folding photos in half every time I closed my notebook.

Also for my design, I decided to use the journal spots implied in the sketch with the squiggly lines as a placef or my die cuts. The March Scrapbook Kit featuring the Simple Stories, Simple Vintage Traveler has so many amazing die cuts - I am coming up with every excuse to use at least a couple of them on every project this month!

Ok, ok, ok enough of this describing the project stuff ... lets see it!




To keep this design flowing from the others layouts I have already created for this project I added some journal pen 'stitching' around the edges, some tiny staples and the date stamped multiple times. I also added a few scattered X's just using my journal pen again around the die cuts almost in the same way you would embellish with enamel dots. Just a little something to break up the space.

For a peek at the other layouts I have created in this project also using the March Scrapbook Kit, check out my Simple Vintage Travelers Notebook blog post from the other day. I am aiming to complete these project in the next couple of weeks and then publishing a flip through video - stay tuned.

Oh and if you have not yet had a chance to see Lorraine's take on the sketch, pop on over to her March 2019 SS Vintage Traveler Scrapshotz Kit blog post. Lorraine is also using the March kit for the take she did on the sketch and she stayed true to the 12x12 format - its gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment: