Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January Kit - Kaisercraft Documented Projects #2

Hi there!

I'm back with two more layouts made with the January Kit and the Kaisercraft Documented collection.

My first layout is based on the January sketch from Creative Scrapbooker Magazine. 



I tried to do something new with Copper Penny Nuvo Drops.  I used a pallet knife and spread the drops through a stencil from my stash. It worked beautifully.  However, the stencil is quite large and by the time I did the entire pattern, the drops had dried on the stencil.  I tried everything to get it off.  This is how my stencil looks now.  It's still usable and doesn't bother me, but I urge caution if you decide to try it.  


There is a lot of paper layering on the layout and everything comes from the kit.  I cut one of the 12" long phrase sticker to make the subtitle and finished the page with some copper rhinestones.


The next layout is a companion page to the first.


I started with a piece of the patterned paper and applied some gesso to the centre of the page.  Then, using the smooshing technique, I applied some Distress Oxides in Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, and Faded Jeans.  It looks a bit like a hot mess, but I knew that only the edges would show.


I layered some pieces of patterned paper behind my photos and embellished the page with stickers, diecuts and a wood veneer piece from the kit. I made a few more diecuts with the Kaisercraft stamps and ink from the kit. There are a couple Prima Marketing puffy stickers from the November 2017 kit and a wooden heart from my stash.

With all the big titles I have been making with the pack of Vicki Thickers, I ran out of E's.  Not a surprise.  But, because the font is so simple, I was able to "frankenstein" a few E's out of some F's. I'm so glad I made it work, because that title just makes me smile.

I have to say that I made four projects with a lot of embellishments and I still have lots left over.  I loved working with this kit!

Thanks for looking!
Sylvie


No comments: