Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sharing more Shimelle's Starshine from the May 2016 Scrap Shotz Monthly Kit

Wow, I am so inspired by Rosie and Lorraine's projects with the May 2016 Scrap Shotz monthly kit! Here are my layout projects with the kit. (Pssst I am going to make a few goodies with the off cuts and will show them at a later date :-)

First up is a layout inspired by the patterned paper of strips and phrases. To make my own "pattern paper" block of phrases personal to my layout, I used the phrases from the mini alpha sheet. As well, I augmented my title with the mini alphas and used the adhesive backed ribbon as another piece of pattern paper.


For my showcase product, I chose the acrylic shapes. I loved them as is but I decided to jazz them up with some heat embossing. You can also add foil to the shapes or even stamp sentiments on the acrylic shapes. To finish off the layout, I used the nifty rub on pen to add stars randomly over the layout. 


A close up of the heat embossed acrylic word. I also embossed the star and butterfly.


I was in love with the patterns on both sides of the pattern papers and wanted to incorporate all of them into a layout. That thought came together in the layout below.


A close-up of the mini alphas and some of the stickers is shown below.


My interpretation of the sketch is shown below.  In lieu of the tags, I made a cluster of stickers and cardstock accents.


For me the accents in the Shimelle line was fabulous and augmented all my layouts. Below I used a cluster of stickers, cardstock accents and the rub on pen to highlight the focal point image. 


Below is a close up of the stickers, cardstock accents and rub ons.



Thanks for letting me share my kit projects with you. Please drop me a line and let me know how you used your kit.

No comments: