Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fabulous Find: Taylored Expressions - Banner Stacklets


Since the banner craze started, I have been in enamoured with it. I use them as "flags" on my layouts and cards; as backdrops for a sentiment or journalling; as a border; as a tag unto itself and have even fashioned the banner shape into a card. Below I have tried to inspire you with samples of "banners." All of the banners on these projects have been cut using the Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets which can be ordered through the Scrap Shotz store.

Below is a layout I created using the Scrap Shotz monthly kit which showcased the Print Shop line by Studio Calico.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Studio Calico (pattern paper, cork punctuation,  chipboard conversation bubbles, acrylic script words); American Crafts (glitter alphas, slick writer); Pebbles (corrugated alphas and punctuation); stitching

In this layout, I used the banner stacklets to create matted blocks of colour and pattern to balance the bold and vibrant Studio Calico Print Shop pattern paper. The banners were stitched onto the layout and adorned with the the Studio Calico stars.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); Taylored Expressions (banner stacklets dies); Studio Calico (pattern paper, chipboard conversation bubbles, cork punctuation, acrylic stars); Little Yellow Bicycle (burlap accents); American Crafts (alphas, Slick Writer); stitching

For these "tag cards" below, I placed the die just about the folded edge so I could maintain the integrity of the card but have the shape of a tag.


Supplies:  Bazzill (cardstock); SEI (pattern paper); Making Memories (glitter ampersand chipboard, chipboard label); Kiki Art (glitter heart); Heidi Swapp (acrylic flower, large white cloth flower); Basic Grey (chipboard "2U"); K&Company (rubber button acting as a flower centre); Sizzix (rolled flower die); Tattered Angels (mist)


I hope I have inspired you to take a second look at the Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets die - I would love to hear how you have used your banner shaped die too!


No comments: