Thursday, December 9, 2010

December Be Inspired - Making Envelopes

I love love love Laura's inspiration for today. I cannot tell you the number of times that I have run into a problem finding an evelope that will fit! Grrrr!!!

We all have those white sheets of paper that come in our new albums. Really what do you do with them? Well they are perfect for making envelopes for larger cards.

The one I created for this is perfect for those 6 1/4 x 6 1/4 cards. You can go smaller or bigger, just adjust the size you cut your square.

1) Cut your paper in a square and mark the center.


2) Lay it in front of you like a diamond. Fold up the bottom so the peak touches the center.


3) Fold the bottom down again and fold in the two sides so their peaks touch the center.


4) Fold the bottom up again


5) Apply a bit of strong glue (I used aileens white glue) and let dry.


6) Fold down the top.



7) Decorate the front.


Have fun!

Thanks for showing me how to make a custom envelope Laura!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Great instructions! I've always wanted to know how to make my own envelopes!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Oh...wow..thanks for sharing these instructions..now I don't have to double check to make sure I have envelopes for my homemade cards....