Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love Is In The Air at Scrap Shotz

Ever wondered how other people enjoy Valentine's Day? What they do to make it special for their loved ones? Well for the next few days, you are all in for a treat, a treat that you will LOVE!

The Design Team will be tempting and inspiring you with sweet morsels all week. And best of all, YOU too can be a part of this LoveFest because all the projects can be completed in 15 minutes or less!

Let me start with some funky but oh so appreciated love notes :-)


My girls absolutely love getting little notes in their lunch kits or on their pillows or frankly anywhere in the house! This is an easy peasy project that uses up all those little scraps of paper too!

We like to serve up heart-shaped foods for breakfast and lunch. There is nothing that makes the meal taste yummier than an "I Love You" napkin! Just dig out your love stamps and stamp an image in the corner. Voila! 5 seconds to make but a lasting 5 hours of enjoyment!


How about creating a special mood at dinner time? Check out these luminaries from Jen! Here they are as a centrepiece during the day.

And here they come alive for dinner time! Cute cute cute!!!



Here are the directions on making these luminaries -

For the 3 different sizes of luminaries, use an 8x12” sheet, a 10x12” sheet and a 12x12” sheet of pattern paper.
Score each of piece along the 12” side at 2.75” intervals, leaving a .75” end.
In two of the scored panels for each lantern, cut a heart shape out and affix a piece of vellum to the backside, covering the heart-shaped opening. 
Adhere a contrasting strip to the top of each lantern to finish it off and then glue the .75” flap to the inside back of the first panel, making a square.
These can safely contain candle, flameless candle or light source of some kind for a pretty Valentine Glow!

Aren't these adorable ideas? What do you think? Have I inspired you with a little love? :-)

13 comments:

Lisa L. said...

Beautiful projects. Those luminaries are so pretty. Lisa L.

Rosie said...

Such great ideas ladies! Love them both.

Ellen said...

very cute, I love the notes!!!

Jamie V said...

Those are adorable- I never send love notes in my kids lunches, I really should. Going to try both of these.

Scrapamum said...

Love the luminaries. They are gorgeous.

Jess said...

Fabulous projects ladies!

Anonymous said...

My kids love napkins on the table. I'm totally going to stamp on them for a special touch, they'll love them. I also love the illuminaries. Perfect for any occasion.

dcarter said...

oh, I love these. Very nice!!

Lorraine said...

Very cute!

Patti said...

Very cute!!
I might just have to do this!!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Laurie (Wally) said...

I love love love all these ideas....
Thanks Ladies.. great inspiration
Laurie

Heather M. said...

I love both of these!

Kelly said...

Uber cute! I might have to do this. :)