Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scraplifting

Lately I've been in quite the creative funk. I know it has a lot to do with all that is going on in my life and that almost all of my stuff is still in boxes from our recent. However, I've been wanting and needing to create so to kick my creativity into gear again, I go with my old stand-by - scraplifting.

I recently found a new designer's blog that is very inspiring and decided to use one of her layouts to lift. Her name is Stephanie Dagan and her work is absolutely amazing. As soon as I saw her blog, I bookmarked it and knew I wanted to lift one of her layouts. The one I chose is titled "un jour".



Since the hardest part of any layout for me is the design, that's what I usually scraplift (Sketches are awesome for me as well). But if you struggle with other parts (like journaling, titles, color combos) "lift" those from other layouts or be inspired by them to jumpstart your creativity again.

For me, once I do a scraplift, I find myself back in the groove again able to create my 'own' work. I always learn something new in the process and try something I wouldn't normally try (like using all those patterned papers on one layout).

What's your old stand-by for getting your creativity going again?

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Beautiful work as always Heather!

Living Well For Less said...

Love it!

Jess said...

I always say... there is nothing like a good lift! LOL Beautiful work Heather!