Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School

I can't believe that my kids go back to school in a few days. (in fact, we just had registration today!) It's rather bitter sweet for me this year though because my youngest starts Kindergarten.  While I'm excited for him to go I'm a bit sad that I won't have him around. Now, to get me wrong - I am definitely looking forward to those 3 hours alone!!! Most definitely!!

While I was thinking about back to school and all the items that we have to purchase and get ready for our kids to take with them I was thinking about making a little address/phone book for my daughter.  I seem to find these little pieces of paper with numbers all over her bedroom and (bad mommy that I am) have often thrown them out. I know.  How could I ever have done that!

Anyways, I was perusing the web the other day I came across some fabulous examples of exactly what I'd like to do.  The talented Shanna Vineyard created these for her daughters. Aren't they just adorable? They're exactly what I had pictured in my mind!



So, what scrapping goodies have you made for back-t0-school. Are you making things for the teachers, for your kids? I admit that I usually don't bother because I've got enough stuff to get ready. But with my daughter's birthday being the 5th I think she'd be thrilled to get something like this.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh that's the perfect back to school gift! Love the projects... putting it on my to-do list!

Wendance Designs said...

Love those books, Cari!!! Hmmm - why do I *need* one of these!!!

Living Well For Less said...

Gorgeous!! My girls would love these!

Virginia said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful...I am scared to show my girls!