Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Part 2 Scrap Shotz January Sweet Dreams Kit Reveal

**Please Note: Photobucket very recently changed their terms of service and no longer supports direct linking for 3rd party hosting of images. To view the images not displayed, hover and right click over image, then choose either "open image in new window" or "open link in new window" **

Hello again!

It's Rosie with my remaining projects created with the stunning Scrap Shotz January Kit, Sweet Dreams. There appear to be a few single kits remaining so hurry over and nab one for yourself if you're not a subscriber, just click here.

Let's start this off with a card:

I purchased the mandala stencil add on, applied embossing paste, covered the paste with Emerald Creek Fractured Ice embossing powder and then heat set. I popped up this kit die cut and sentiment with pop dots and a quick, simple yet stunning card was complete. I think this works really well as a masculine card. The birthday sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings stamp set by Altenew which is not currently in stock but you can order it directly from Sandy.

Our team sketch inspiration came from Scrapbook & Cards Today:
and here is my interpretation:
I really liked this sketch and kept my interpretation fairly close to the original.
I layered the die cuts and popped up a few of them along with one of the kit stickers. The "enamel" dots are created with Nuvo glitter and crystal drops.

This month's 2 page layout is a Project Life spread documenting January of course ;). The 3x4 "Best Ever" card was stamped with the kit stamp and ink and then coloured in with the add on Kaiser Mists Turquoise mist. The chipboard letters are also sprayed with the mist and have a lovely silvery shimmer undertone that the camera doesn't pick up.
Here's a closer look at the left hand side page followed by the right hand side.

Now for my final kit project:

The white circles are the solid & exterior pieces from the cut file I created for below:

I pieced a patterned paper background over brown card stock with off cuts and the mandala paper. The photo mat is a piece of white card stock layered under my Cameo cut file and misted for this layout. The window frame die cut is backed with vellum, journal block edges inked with the kit Bark ink and embellished with pearls and bling from my stash.

I hope you've enjoyed a look at these projects, I certainly enjoyed creating them and I am so looking forward to working with the February kit featuring the fabulous "Oh My Heart" line by Paige Evans:


Click here to get one for yourself if you are not already a kit subscriber! 


SaveSave

No comments: