Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Fabulous Fundamental: Mixing and Matching Elements

Sometimes I find myself stuck in my ways, thinking I should only use the items in a collection but then I ask myself "Why?" Why indeed? Half the fun of this wonderful hobby is the creative freedom it affords.

Take the layout below for example...here I have used predominantly Studio Calico's Print Shop line and its accessories but I love how easy it is to add elements from other manufacturers. For example, just a few wood icons from Prima here and there add so much to the layout. The cloud dies from Taylored Expressions are so versatile and are just the perfect accent to tie all your elements together.


Supplies:  Paper from Scrap Shotz monthly kit featuring Studio Calico's Print Shop, American Crafts (thickers). Studio Calico (cork punctuation, happiness wood phrase); Prima (wood icons); Spellbinders (circle dies);  Taylored Expressions (cloud die); Making Memories (mini alphas)

Tell me...do you mix and match from within a collection or do you use multiple manufacturers?

No comments: