Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fast and Fabulous: A 2 Page Layout

Did you ever imagine completing a 2 page layout in 30 minutes or less? Yeah, I didn't think I could do it either but I thought it would be fun challenging myself :-) Arming myself with photos of my daughter's 7th birthday, some leftover BoBunny papers and some odds and sods, I went to work putting together this 2 page layout.



Supplies:  Bazzill cardstock, Hambly transparency, BoBunny (pattern papers); Kaisercraft (die cut butterflies); Pink Paislee/Collage Press (die cut accents, gem accent); Prima (gem bird, alphas); Queen & Co (pearls); Versamagic (chalk ink)

Generally I create significantly more 1-page layouts than I do 2 page layouts but some events lend themselves to 2 page layouts - birthdays are one of them. When I started creating this layout, I knew I wanted some texture and dimension, both of which I find easier to achieve on a 1-page layout. However, as you can see, the layout is very simply put together but I also added dimension and texture with the various layers of accents and leftover pieces of paper I had. Best of all? It was done in under 30 minutes...well barely, 28 minutes actually but who's counting?

I hope I have inspired you to create a 2-page layout in the near future!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Love this layout, especially how you used the transparency!