Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fabulous Find: Art Anthology

In the store, Sandy has been carrying some fabulous products by Art Anthology. At first thought you may think...it looks like another version of a mist or paint or resist media...right? Well, don't let your first impressions give these products an unfair assessment! I would like to share my thoughts and experiences with you on these products.

 Let me start with the mists...they come in a great variety of colours, colours that are different from others currently on the market. As well, I quite like that the mists are in "stainless steel" aerosol cans. When I use the mists, I achieve a nice even fine spray without alot of pumping - this feature I like alot!

In the sample card below, I sprayed the card base with Art Anthology mist and then I overlaid the Art Anthology mist with 2 colours from Tattered Angels. As I often overlay and mix colours, I quite like the effect of the different misted textured backgrounds. Then using pattern paper scraps from a BoBunny collection, I whipped up the remainder of the card.

The butterfly die cut is created by an Elizabeth Craft die and finger painted with Art Anthology Dimensional Glaze. The glaze is a wonderful texture - it's thick without being goopy and is speckled with pieces of glitter. The glaze can also be used as a resist with your mists but in this case, I wanted to quickly "paint" my butterfly die cut.



In this sample, the background is again sprayed with Art Anthology mist and overlaid with 2 different colours of Tattered Angels mists. The flower is created by an Elizabeth Craft die and the bottom layer of the flower is an Elizabeth Craft Shimmer Sheetz.


I hope you enjoyed this introductory post on the Art Anthology products - in the coming weeks, I am planning to show you other projects enhanced with the fabulous Art Anthology products.

No comments: