Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Jess for the Day!!

I am pretty pumped today...do ya want to know why? If you've been following this blog you know that basically each Monday Jess gets to pick her favourite layouts or cards from the ever so inspiring SSZ gallery. Well, today she's agreed to let me do it! It took a bit of bribing...okay, a lot of bribing...but I eventually was able to snag the job for a one time deal! Yay me!!

As many of you are aware, SSZ had a fabulous 'Industry Insider' crop on the weekend. The gallery was completely flooded with jaw-dropping creations. There are like 12 pages of beautiful work. Now I didn't say this job would be easy, but I've picked a few of my favourites.

This card from Lorraine is just stunning! The masking and fiber work are gorgeous.



I love all the intricate cutting around the photo of Theresa's layout (kiwicanuck) and what a sweet photo.



Serena grouped her elements in such an interesting way in her layout and I love how she included so many different metals.




There were so many awesome projects to pick from and I'm sure the gallery will continue to be loaded with more amazing layouts and cards from the crop challenges. If you didn't get a chance to join us on the weekend or your time was limited, you can find all the challenges from the design team and our guest card crew here.

Thanks Jess for letting me 'step in your shoes' today!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

You're too cute! Well you make it look easy to be me... great job on your picks... they're fabulous! But now do I get to be YOU for my next blog post???? LOL

Lorraine said...

Thanks for the compliment, Laura! I had such a wonderful time at the online crop and got so much done! I can't wait to see Jess be you! ;)

Unknown said...

Awesome picks Laura!!