Friday, April 12, 2019

Farmer's Market Layouts using the April Kit

Hello friends! Karla back today with two layouts completed using the April Scrap Shotz Kit featuring the Happiness Collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I love this kit!! The beautiful watercolour and florals are perfect for so many occasions, and since I am definitely in need of some bright spring colours (especially after snow in Calgary last night!!) this is just the thing to make me happy! I started off by using the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine April Sketchy challenge as inspiration along with photos of our family at the Cochrane Farmers Market in Alberta. I used the small flower paper as a border and layered a piece of white cardstock on top before stitching around with my sewing machine. My daughter had been practicing sewing and had green thread in the machine and I decided to go for it, lol. 


I used some free cutfiles from the Cocoa Vanilla website and cut out the 'lovely' title on white cardstock along with two circle wreaths included. These were the perfect thing to add to the page to coordinate with the sketch. I misted them with Glimmer Mists to add colour and customize them to coordinate with my page. I also used the packaging technique to add some of the mist to the background of the white cardstock. I really love combining fonts to create a title, so I added one of the 3x4 cards with 'weekend' in the center and a 'day' sticker from the Thicker Kaleidoscope Words sticker pack which is an Add-On available.  


I love the CV Happiness Accessory Sticker Sheet with the tiny word phrases! This is also an Add-On available in the shop. Don't forget as a subscriber you'll get first choice to get those fun Add-Ons you want to coordinate with the amazing kit! I layered some of the words to create some fun sentiments beside the photo of my two girls. 


I layered my photos on cardstock and paper included in the kit and then embellished with some of those Add-On Thicker stickers and little flowers that come in the Die Cut Ephemera pack, which is part of the Kit. I also added some enamel dots created with the Add-On Carnation Nuvo Crystal Drops. I love being able to customize the size of the dots I'm creating!! 


For the second layout I'm using a sketch from the SCT 365 Layout Class. I honestly love starting with a sketch! I often find I layer papers in a way that I wouldn't have thought of, and even if I use this sketch again and again it always turns out different each time! 


I used the 'good vibes' sentiment from one of the 3x4 cut apart pages in the Kit to start creating a title, adding the Add-On Thicker Kaleidoscope Stickers 'and' with 'happy times' from the Diecut Ephemera pack. I again used the packaging technique to pick up mist from my splat mat with a plastic package and then press it onto the white cardstock background. 


I absolutely love the tassels in the Diecut Ephemera pack in the kit and I used a bit of twine from my stash to create a hanging effect. I added a 'hello' from the Add-On Accessory Sticker Sheet and layered on the 'weekend' flair badge from the Kit. 


This wonderful flower diecut is from that free cut file (linked above) and I backed it with papers all included in the Kit. I added the pretty wood veneer butterfly and embellished with the tiny pink flowers - also in the Kit. A few more customized Nuvo Crystal Drops (an Add-On) finish off the pretty details.


 Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check back all month for lots of projects featuring this gorgeous Kit and Add- Onsand don't forget to check out the Reveal Video post HERE where you can see exactly what's included in the kit! Have an awesome weekend friends, and happy crafting!


No comments: